Thursday, October 8, 2009

Matchbox

What’s there in your pocket

Nothing, just a matchbox

You cant carry a matchbox in the flight, you got to leave it here

I cant leave it here. Its full

But you cant carry it in.

Why?

Its against the safety parameters. Its dangerous

How, I cant hijack a plane with a matchbox

You can claim that its full of gunpowder .

But its full of match sticks

People don’t know

I will tell them. I will announce it the moment I enter the plane

Why cant you just leave it here. Its just a matchbox

But its full

So ?

I have hardly used two sticks

This thing costs just one buck

You buy it from me. I cant waste a buck

I cant buy it

But its just one buck!

Please sir don’t waste my time , others are waiting

Their time isn’t worth a buck..this matchbox is

Sir , I request you

Ok , I have a plan

A plan?

Give it to the Pilot, I will take it when we reach Delhi. Tell him I have counted the sticks

I cant do that sir, and I cant let you carry it

Then find a solution?

We are flying without you, that’s the solution

For a matchbox..for a buck!! I got another plan

Tell me ..fast

I need just the matchsticks..you keep the box..No box means no gunpowder threat.

No sir..I cant allow matchsticks on board. They are combustible

What would I probably burn . I am not feeling suicidal today.

Its not the intent that we check..Its the content

Smart words..But I need a smart idea. Lets dip the sticks in water

What?

Wet matches wont burn..Once I am in Delhi I will show them the sun and they will be fine again.

All this for a buck ?

What do you mean? A buck is a buck

Ok , I will give you a buck.

Why will you give me a buck

Coz I am desperate to see you off

Are you really this desperate?

Yes sir, I am

Then gimme two bucks. Desperation means business opportunity

I am trying to help you and you are trying to strip me

Gimme two bucks and I will go

We better fly without you

For two bucks? You stripping me of my rights for two bucks?

Tell me what shall I do sir?

Give me two bucks or give me a solution

Why don’t you chop the butts of the match sticks .

How would that help

It wont stay combustible anymore. So you can carry it

That will be wasting two bucks

Once you are in Delhi you can sharpen the sticks and use them as toothpicks

Toothpicks ?

A box of toothpicks is worth 5 bucks.

Holy shit.. I never thought of it. That’s a million dollar idea

Now can I please help you chop the butts off.

Ya, but are you desperate to help me?

3 comments:

  1. Nice story Pandey.....Did it really happen with you ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Pandey. Hilarious! I will give you a hundred bucks for the copyright to this story. What say? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you desperate Chauhan....

    Thankyou guys

    ReplyDelete